Technoton Engineering is providing custom development services for integration of analog and digital signals to CAN bus (SAE J1939). Our experience, skills and passion are reflected in the time-tested smart interface converter.
Smart interface converter is the industrial-grade hardware with embedded software, ready for customization to your unique needs. It is a base which we use when there is a need in a CAN bus converter development, transmitting analog signal to the CAN bus, J1939 I/O module development, an interface converter development.
We help to solve the most recent problem for OEMs when unique proprietary SPNs or PGNs should be transmitted to the CAN bus (J1939) or collected from the CAN bus (J1939).
One platform - Multiple applications - Customized converter within 1-8 weeks.
Possible applications of the smart converter include:
- Analog to J1939 converter
- Analog to CAN bus converter
- Analog to NMEA 2000 converter
- J1939 to analog converter
- custom J1939 gateway (proprietary messages integration)
- J1939 to J1939 bridge
- CAN bus to CAN bus converter
- J1939 to RS-232/485 (Modbus, RTU) converter
- J1939 to Bluetooth converter
- GPS to J1939 converter
The smart converter is an advanced solution for use in automation systems, networks consisting of analog and digital sensors, control units, communication modules. Being a valuable part of the modular architecture and edge computing, the smart interface converter solves a problem of step by step digitalization of conservative analog technologies.
A proven solution is widely used in measuring, diagnostics and telematics IoT real-time systems when analog sensors are connected to digital networks, as well as analog dashboards to a digital infrastructure. One of the most popular converter type today is CAN bus converter. It is widely used by OEMs in commercial vehicles, agriculture, off-road vehicles manufacturing.
Operation modes of the smart interface converter
01. Digital to analog gateway
Digital data (PGN) receiving from CAN bus, necessary parameters (SPN) selection, SPN conversion into analog signals (voltage, frequency, current, discrete, resistive) and transmission in the selected form.
02. Analog signal collector-converter
Analog signal conversion (voltage, frequency) according to digital data (SPN) settings followed by transmission in the generated (PGN) to the telematics interface
Simultaneous operation in the form of a digital-analog gateway and an analog-to-analog converter
The ready hardware-software solution of the smart I/O module is customizable and is suitable for solving most problems when creating an intelligent system.
Features of the ready software & hardware solution
- A convenient program for setting operating modes
- Identification of passport data of the I/O module
- Logging of active and passive faults
- A configurable digital interface for transferring selected parameters from a 3000+ database
- I/O support: discrete, current, resistive, voltage, frequency
Custom smart interface converter solution set includes detailed design documentation, a user manual template, a software pack for configuration and status control.
Developed to be compatible with S6 technology: any peripheral devices that have an interface S6 (smart meters, smart sensors, telematics gateways and etc.) can be connected like Plug and Play.
Order of the smart interface converter project is usually accompanied with the following services, depending on the client's needs:
- smart converter enclosure development
- hardware customization (adding interfaces, changing the power supply, selection of a communication module)
- adapting the embedded software
- making samples
- verification tests