Designed for industrial application, the NB-IoT Smart Flow Meter collects raw signals and transmits preprocessed data to an automation system of a customer. The NB-IoT water flow meter is designed for water utilities and commercial applications. The NB IoT smart flow meter provides automatic data collection & processing, data security, improved billing and accounting, reduced operational costs.
NB-IoT smart flow meter in industrial application solves problems like:
- Maintenance resource
- Correct billing procedure
- Access to a meter
IoT water meter is a tool for direct measurement of water consumption, which is used as a part of water metering system, water telematics system or as a stand-alone (autonomous) solution for water consumption monitoring. NB-IoT smart water meter establishes direct GSM connection using NB-IoT technology to a server over a secured MQTT protocol.
NB-IoT smart water meter is developed on Smart Meter Platform using out smart meter technologies. It can be used as a development base for an industrial smart water flow meter where there is a need in IoT metering technologies.
Key features of the NB-IoT smart water meter:
- Acquires signals from a primary transducer
- Preprocesses raw data (linearization, filtration, thermal correction, analytics)
- Manages and reports useful data such as total and instant flow rate, metering time on min/optimal/overload, battery level, temperature
- Detection of water consumption modes with separate counters for each mode
- Secured connection to a cloud/server using NB-IoT technology with MQTT protocol
- Extraordinary events can be sent to SMS and E-mail
- Secured 3 levels of access to calibrate, configure and service check
- Self-diagnostics including a device e-passport
- Stand-alone application with 7+ years battery life
Water consumption and operating time Counters
- Instant/total water consumption, L/H
- Total water consumption in different modes
- Instant/total hourly water consumption
Water meter operating time
- Total operating time, h
- Total operation time in different modes (Optimal, Lower Optimal, Higher Optimal)
- Total operating time of a meter
Industrial smart water meter is a concept that may be developed for mass production launch.